Offset lithography is the most common high volume commercial printing technology. In offset printing, the desired print image is etched onto a plate and is then transferred (or offset) from the plate to a rubber blanket, and then to the printing surface. The lithographic process is based on the repulsion of oil and water. The image to be printed gets ink from ink rollers, while the non printing area attracts a film of water, keeping the non printing areas ink-free.
The benefits of litho printing:
• High image quality.
• Flexibile use of colours: While digital presses struggle with the use of pantones and metallics, our litho press can handle these with ease.
• The unit cost goes down significantly as the quantity goes up hence litho is efficient for longer print runs.
• Colour consistency is achieved with Inpress Control. Software is used to read every sheet and automatically adjusts the colour to the approved standard.
• Our inline coater gives a smooth finish, protects your print and ensures that your print is dry and ready on time.
• Our Litho Press offers us the widest range of paper weights for printing – from 60gsm to 800 microns.
In order to deliver superior printed sheets, there is no substitute for superior technology. We have just that at Spot On and in the hands of our well-trained professionals we can deliver the perfect print time and time again.